Are you tired of fleas hanging around your property? If so, then you need the best vacuum for fleas to solve the issue. Here’s a guide to help you.
Nothing is as bad as an itch you can’t scratch, but it can get so much worse if you discover it was caused by fleas. Fortunately, you can get rid of them for good by using the best vacuum for fleas.
- The Challenge of a Flea-Free Home
- The Best Flea Vacuum Buying Guides
- 5 Best Vacuum for Fleas Reviews
The Challenge of a Flea-Free Home
Let’s cut to the chase. Aside from using pesticides and chemicals, you will need reliable equipment. This is no simple matter, and a flea infestation may affect your health, your appearance, and the lifespan of your furniture. It’s scarier since this is a threat you can’t see with your own eyes.
Fleas are microorganisms that are parasitic in nature, so if you have a pet, that will most likely be their host. They usually lay their eggs on their host or in places where your pet frequently stays.
They are most commonly found making a home out of your carpets and cushions, feeding off of the food particles left behind day by day. With that, here’s a quick step by step on how to eliminate these pests:
1. Clean as you go
Always clean up after using an area in your home. Avoid leaving unfinished food or meal containers unattended, especially for long periods of time as they can provide nourishment for the fleas. This also goes without saying that you should clean up after your pet immediately.
2. Cut the food source
If they can feed, they can multiply. Thus, you must cut the supply by making sure you don’t leave crumbs and food scraps lying around. You must also keep your rooms well-ventilated and develop cleaning habits so fleas can’t inhabit certain parts of your home.
3. Vacuum strategic areas as often as you can
Flea eggs or cocoons are sensitive to movement, hence you have to make the habit of sweeping your floors, especially if carpeted. This will affect the larva’s ability to grow and will lead to elimination.
Vacuum areas where your pet, if you have one, usually stays. However, don’t neglect the edges, corners, and skirting boards. Around 80% of dander, mites, and fleas are removed by just a single yet thorough vacuuming session, so doing it at least every other day can hinder the infestation.
4. Empty the vacuum after use
Vacuuming won’t automatically kill the fleas. Some may survive and last for days, so they will eventually find their way back into your living spaces. To avoid this, clean up the dust canister or throw away the bags to be sure.
The Best Flea Vacuum Buying Guides
In case you don’t have a vacuum or are considering to buy a new one, there are several factors you have to consider. Every piece of equipment has its specialty, and you have to know where it works best so you can make the most out of it.
Though general use vacuum cleaners can do the work, they are not as efficient as the ones intended for flea infestations. Therefore, if you’re looking to get rid of fleas in your household, you have to consider the following:
1. Powerful Suction
This is considered as the vacuum’s selling point, and while most products are marketed with powerful suction, you need to do your own research. Check multiple reviews, both positive and negative, and if you have a local outlet with the product, have a salesperson do a demo for you.
2. Pet Hair Focus
If you have a pet, you want to choose a vacuum that is marketed especially in picking up fur and dander. Pet hair can be a home for fleas and may even be a source of nourishment, so eliminate it as efficiently as possible with a well-suited product.
3. Versatility and Reach
Fleas thrive in dark, humid, and virtually inaccessible areas, hence you want to invest in a vacuum with a low profile design and a suction head that can creep into hard-to-reach spaces, usually under furniture.
4. Base Plate Adjustability
The closer the suction is to the surface, the better. Due to this, having a base plate that is adjustable can make cleaning so much easier. With less effort and time spent on vacuuming, this won’t come off as too much work, and you won’t mind doing it every day. Give it a week or two, and you’ll get a flea-free home.
5 Best Vacuum for Fleas Reviews
Looking for equipment that is well-suited to this task may prove to be quite difficult, especially to those who have little knowledge or experience with vacuums or the task in general. As such, we prepared a list of the five products that helped us through this particular cleaning dilemma.
1. BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Vacuum
This product from BISSELL maximizes edge-to-edge cleaning and pet hair pickup with its triple action brush and multi-cyclonic suction system. Specially made for pet owners, this type of vacuum cleaner includes specialized pet tools that focus on picking up microscopic particles embedded with carpeted floors and in between floor tiles.
Lightweight and easy to maneuver, its ball swivel-like action lets you glide over surfaces without much resistance. It also includes a dirt canister that can hold a considerably substantial amount and can easily be removed for disposal and returned. It also has a vibrant aesthetic and a simple and straightforward design that makes the assembly quite easy and intuitive.
- Works with scatter-free technology which prevents dust and fine particles being expelled back into the air
- Offers the convenience of its auto-rewind feature for the 27 ft. power cord.
- Can capture dirt stuck on baseboards and hardwood crevices
- Includes a feature where the height setting can be adjusted, depending on the thickness and pile of the carpet.
- Can get a bit clunky when used
- The floor brush head performs better in cleaning edges than areas under the furniture
2. Eureka NEU182A Powerspeed Upright Vacuum
The NEU182A Powerspeed by Eureka presents one of its best and dynamic suctions that offer an efficient and quick clean of any kind of surface. Promoted as a quick-clean piece of equipment, it can handle heavy-duty dirt removal and can easily capture fine particles and pet hair lodged in crevices and on the base of piled carpets. It also comes with attachments that enhance its functionality.
Its convenient maneuverability and lightweight design can work through even high pile carpets, especially with its adjustable brush height. It also incorporated a storage bin for all its additional tools and attachments, thus maximizing the use of the equipment. Emptying the canisters is also a breeze.
- Easy to assemble, store, and maintain
- Requires minimal effort to thoroughly clean your carpets
- Can handle heavy-duty debris removal for general cleaning sessions
- Operating this vacuum can get so loud and may cause a disturbance to your housemates and bother children or pets
- The hose has a limited length thus requiring you to locate nearby power sources and work within its area
3. SHARK Rotator Professional Vacuum
Though not directly marketed towards pet owners, its performance on deep-cleaning any kind of surfaces could qualify it as the best vacuum for fleas and dander. An incredible feature of this product is its Anti-Allergen Technology Seal that traps dust and allergens, working with its powerful suction and HEPA filtration system. It also reduces secondary pollution and does not expel dust and particles into the air while vacuuming.
The Rotator Professional is best for thorough and deep cleaning sessions wherein no surfaces are scratched, all carpets and cushions are cleaned, and all within a practical amount of time. It also comes with a lift-away mechanism that allows you to vacuum narrow spaces and hard-to-reach areas.
- Includes extending attachments that assist in cleaning hard-to-reach areas and dead corners
- Comes with an XL-sized dirt canister that is easy to dislodge from the vacuum and easy to clean
- Avoids expelling dirt to the air with its filtration system
- Using it can get a little bulky and some attachments are difficult to attach due to the design
- Can’t work with lengthy hairs and threads so it is best that you do some quick sweeping before vacuuming
4. MOOSOO M X6 4-in-1 Vacuum
Known for its outstanding run-time and lasting battery life, this product from MOOSOO has incorporated a high-efficiency Cyclone Suction mechanism and the HEPA filtration system to go with it – this one is a recipe for convenient efficiency. Its high-speed rotational suction can remove microscopic particulates, making it the most suitable and best vacuum for fleas, mites, and dander.
Aside from being lightweight, it also frees you from the hassle of using cords and allows you to use the equipment anywhere around the house without the need for a power source. Their after-sales customer service has gained much appreciation from its buyers as well, so consider yourself worry-free within their 2-year warranty duration.
- Comes with a LED light feature to assist you in dirt and debris searching, especially in dark, hard-to-reach areas
- Features an ergonomically-designed handle
- Easy to assemble and use
- Adjustable suction speed depending on the type of surface required
- Can handle heavy-duty cleaning, though it may take a longer time
- Its length and height is not adjustable, and this may cause a strain for tall people
5. HIKEREN Cordless Stick Vacuum
The already-loved features of Hikeren’s Cordless Stick vacuum have been upgraded, and with it you can expect a fast-charging long-lasting battery; a powerful cyclonic suction performance with various modes and a stainless steel double filtration system that can work with both dry and wet dirt. Lightweight and cordless, its foldable handle enhances convenience for this equipment by making it compact and portable.
It’s multi-surface and multi-functional construction is built for heavy-duty cleaning work and is suitable for people who would rather maximize their weekends and do a thorough house cleaning by then.
- Portable and can easily clean areas of limited space
- Includes a LED lighting system for dirt-seeking in hard-to-reach areas
- Comes with various modes
- Since it’s cordless, your cleaning time will be limited
That sums up five of the best vacuums we hope could somehow be the solution you are looking for. Just remember to test the equipment as soon as it arrives at your doorstep for performance or damages
At the end of the day, you may have the best vacuum for fleas and dander, but it all boils down to how dedicated you are to cleaning your home. It’s not an appealing task, but it’s your responsibility to yourself and to the ones you share your space with.
You see, it’s the small details that make the difference. Hence, if some pesky little critters aren’t making your life any better, then you simply have to vacuum them away!